As the temperature drops, those anticipated snow days come closer. And while some of us look forward to the cozy days inside, many get a little condition called “cabin fever.” Here are some fun ways to help you cope and keep yourselves entertained during those cold snow days.
- Make a Movie List! We all have a few movies or maybe tv shows we’ve been wanting to watch, so make a movie list of them and either rent them before the snow hits or get them on Netflix. It will make time pass faster when you’re watching things you enjoy.
- Make a Fire or Light Some Candles.. If you have a fireplace, it’s the perfect occasion to sit by the fireplace and maybe make some s’mores or have hot cocoa..wine even? If not, some candles will do (I recommend the battery operated ones).
- Have a Bake Fest! Bake your little heart out with your snow buddies. Don’t want to eat everything? No worries, make little home made gifts using tins, containers, or baking baggies for family, friends or co-workers.
- Cook a Meal. Prepare a special meal. Not too much of a chef? Try making a home made pizza, add some salad, wine and viola! You’ve prepared a home cooked meal 🙂
- Get Crafty! Find your inner creative and get to crafting. Maybe you enjoy knitting or like to paint. If you have little ones in the house, it’s a great time to get them to paint, color, loom, or work on projects as a family. Painting ceramics or even a frame can be relaxing and help you pass time while creating memories.
- Read a Book. Dealing with such busy schedules, reading can sometimes become a luxury. Read that book you started and never completed. If you finish it and still find yourself with nothing to do, go online a search a forum that discusses the book.
- Get Musical! Pump up the music and dance like no one is watching! Sing along and have a blast, you deserve the day off and if you’ve got company even better.
Happy Snow Day!
Have snow day ideas or traditions of your own? Share below, I’d love to know 🙂
Photo Credits: David Castillo Dominici, SotckImages