Many of us are staying home during these times but is everyone practicing self-care? I don’t mean a glass of wine or a face mask, ladies. I mean internal, good health care. Vitamins, nutrients, all that good stuff. Immunity boosters.
Right before the pandemic, I shared a TikTok on all the daily vitamins I take and it went viral. It was such a random video and I really made it because so many of my friends have admitted to not taking vitamins. So I thought, women really need to know about this stuff. Especially during these scary times. Studies recently showed that many COVID patients were low in Vitamin D. This is such a common thing in adults but so many of us do not take Vitamin D or make it a point to go outside. And who can go outside these days with remote work, learning- winter?
While I’m no expert, these are things that my doctor has personally recommended and have helped me. So here are some immunity booster to add to your daily regimen.
*there are some fabulous affiliate links below. Not sponsored.
- Women’s Multi-vitamin- No one gets the daily nutrients they really need. That’s why multivitamins are a must. I like vitafusion’s gummies. They’re packed with vitamins A, C, and D. They support bone health, metabolism, and more. And they taste good.
- Biotin- supports healthy hair, skin, and nails. I prefer the gummies by Nature Made.
- Vitamin C 1000- Vitamin C is one of the strongest vitamins that will help your immune system fight off any illnesses. Along with my daily multivitamin, I take this one every other day. (You don’t want to overdo it).
- Vitamin D- A few years ago, my doctor told me that I was vitamin D deficient and that I needed to take a higher dose of Vitamin D every day. I was instructed to take the higher dose for a few months and then go down to half. I’ve continued to take Vitamin D every other day and have been ok.
- B12- This tiny vitamin is so good for an energy boost! It supports your blood cells, metabolism, nervous system and so much more. If you’re anemic or have any conditions that cause you to feel lethargic, B12 is so helpful.
- Magnesium- I started taking these to help with muscle and joint paint. Sometimes I get flare-ups and it’s quite painful. It does help a bit but through research, I found that too much is no good. So I stick to a low dose and take it a few times a week.
- Immunity gummies- At the start of the pandemic rumors, I bought three bottles of Hello Bello Immunity gummies. I had to travel to Chicago for a work event and didn’t want to take chances. It quickly sold out within a few days! I take this one daily (just in case) and have my daughter take it, too. It’s tasty and I really think it works.
- Collagen- This is a game-changer. Collagen peptides. There’s no taste and it’s basically a light powder you can add into any beverage. Supports skin, hair, nails, and joints. I really got into this because of the joint pains I was having but I’ve also read great reviews on their beauty collagen which I may try next.
- Immune boosting drinks- There are so many different kinds out there! I recently tried Three Hermits, packed with vitamins and immunity boosters in a little bottle. If you’re not into gulping 5+ vitamins a day, these may be for you. All you do is drink up and you’re good for the day. They come in different options including Tumeric + nirgundi, Cinnamon + Fenugreek, and Moringa + Ashwagandha.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- This is good stuff. It’s been around for years, very affordable, and there are many ways to consume it. ACV has tons of health benefits from skin and hair to health. I add a cap full to a cup of tea every day. It’s helped me with bloating and flare-ups. I highly recommend it.
I hope you found this list helpful. These are the vitamins that work for me personally. Of course, you should always consult with a doctor if you have any medical conditions. Taking good vitamins and a healthy diet also go hand in hand. Plus, some exercise! All of these things will help boost your immunity. So keep that in mind 😉
What do you do to help boost your immunity?