Make up is a lot of fun to play with and easy to become obsessed with. With all the online tutorials and pretty packaged make up collections out there, it’s easy to get consumed. And hey, I’m not judging but I will say this: you must first care for the canvas before you paint onto it.
If you didn’t catch what I meant, it’s that you need to care for your skin. Applying all that make up can have consequences if you’re not careful. Everything from keeping your brushes and products clean to cleansing your face and moisturizing. All that stuff is super important to prevent breakouts and clogged pores- or worse, allergic reactions.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve become more aware of how I care for my skin. In a previous post, I shared my face sheet mask obsession (which I make sure to do weekly, by the way). But I also remove my make up with micellar water which is not only gentle but also hydrating and good for dry, sensitive skin. I wash my face twice daily (morning and night) with a gentle face wash and I do at home spa treatments.
So, in this post I thought it’d be fun to share some new products I’ve tested recently. Some are steals and some are splurges but all are worth every penny. These are definitely game changing skincare products, if you ask me.
- Lip Exfoliator I love the new Mint Maniac by e.l.f. cosmetics. It’s shaped like a lipstick but it’s really a lip scrub. It smells nice and minty and leaves your lips feeling fresh and clean. And the best part- it’s only $3!
- Rapid Radiance Stack This skin care set comes with a collagen boosting micro roller, TCA Multi-Acid Face Peel , and EGF Activating Serum that help plump and firm skin while improving skincare absorption and efficacy. The roller contains 540, .3mm stainless steel needles to stimulate skin repair- but don’t freak out! These needles are safe for at home use and leave your skin looking and feeling amazing! $299
- Dermaplaning Tool Remove dead skin and peach fuzz with this tool! This is a serious game changer. After just one use, you will see a brighter and smoother complexion. Make up also goes on nicer. This non invasive tool was designed to provide similar results to an in-office dermaplaning treatment. By removing the surface layer of dead cells, dermaplaning allows products to fully soak into the skin—boosting the efficacy of the serums and creams you already own. $75
- Organic Body Butter This body butter is like no other I have tried in the past. It comes with a wooden spatula to apply- and when you apply it goes on like an oil. It feels amazing on the skin and is wonderful for full body or dry patches. It is fully organic and has good stuff like coconut, reship oil, nettle and bilberry. This restorative treatment balm is great for dry or sensitive skin anywhere on the body. It is also great for toning skin during pregnancy and to prevent stretchmarks. $60
- Shea Moisture Argan Oil There’s a whole lot of goodness in this tiny bottle. I’ve always been a fan of Shea Moisture’s products but this is truly a favorite. 100% Argan oil is a multitasking multi-tasking oil, rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidant vitamins. Helps keeps hair and skin soft and can also be used all over the body. I personally use this after showers on my skin. A few small drops and you get a beautiful glow. $8.99
- Robin McGraw Revelation’s 3 Step Brightening System This skin care line will give you that glow every girl craves! It comes with a Triple Action Brightening polish, cream and serum. The products are formulated with a blend of Lumiskin, Lactic Acid and Vitamin C. These products will work together to refine pores, fade the appearance of dark spots and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles for younger, fresher and more radiant complexion. $144 for the set
- Facial Massager Another goodie from e.l.f. cosmetics I love for skin care is the facial massager. This little tool massages the skin to help relieve tension and helps rejuvenate to get that nice glow on your skin. You can use it on your face and body parts. $4
You can also see some of the products mentioned above in this video:
What are your favorite skin care products? Have you tried any of these yet?